A MESSAGE FROM THE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE
We are very excited to present and promote the 2017 Constant Comfort Fort McMurray Food Festival.
This year we have been given the opportunity to showcase our many amazing restaurants and talented chefs throughout our community. We’re calling all foodies and families, meat and potato connoisseurs and home cooks to sample what Fort McMurray has to offer.
The Food Festival has many playful opportunities for the community to enjoy Fort McMurray’s vast culinary arts.
Join us at the first ever Best Pub Food Club travelling our city to take in a dining experience unlike any other. Guaranteed to give you a new view on pub foods.
On Friday evening we are hosting #WeLoveYMM Fort McMurray's Largest Ever Outdoor Patio Party at Heritage Shipyards. The view from this magnificent locale is worth the admission alone. The patio will be lit and the good times will the flowing in the night.
Bring the family to enjoy an afternoon taking in the history of Heritage Village, sampling Fort McMurray’s restaurants through Taste of Fort McMurray. With admission on the price of the ticket, move from vendor to vendor enjoying the delights they have to offer.
On Saturday night we will bring the action to Earls with the “Hot Vegas Nights” Patio Party hosted by Your McMurray Magazine. Tons of fun and surprises in store at this glam summer adults night out!
We invite everyone to join us to enjoy the representative buffet that Fort McMurray has to offer.
Krista Balsom & Clarence Buchanon
2017 Constant Comfort Fort McMurray Food Festival
About the Festival
The inaugural Fort McMurray Food Festival will take place July 27-31, 2017, and will incorporate a group of new events and some familiar events from previous festivals in Wood Buffalo history.
The aim of this Festival is to incorporate the best of what Wood Buffalo has to offer for foodies, entertainment lovers and those seeking a great summer festival experience which events targeted for food lovers of all ages.
Waypoints has been providing valuable services and a compassionate shoulder to lean on for individuals affected by interpersonal & family violence since 1982. Their staff and volunteers assist in rebuilding lives by implementing crisis intervention and a range of support services, while acknowledging the multitude of issues facing survivors of abuse. In 1987, when Waypoints, then known as Fort McMurray Family Crisis Society, first opened its doors to Unity House women’s and children’s emergency shelter the complex had a capacity of nine beds. Today, almost 30 years later, they have 36 beds and continue to put our efforts into protecting our citizens from domestic abuse and are working on building a new facility for the community.
Why launch a new festival for the residents of Fort McMurray?
- We want to bring back a vibrant summer festival and showcase the bold community spirit found here in Wood Buffalo and give our residents a great opportunity to have fun with their friends and neighbours.
- Support the restaurant and entertainment industry and showcase the diversity, talent and provide exposure to increase economic development within the food industry in our region.
- The Fort McMurray Food Festival Committee is proud to provide support to a deserving local organization providing much-needed services to Fort McMurray. For our inaugural year, we have chosen to support Waypoints (formerly the Fort McMurray Family Crisis Society).
We encourage all restaurants, bars, lounges, caterers and supporting businesses and organizations to get involved in this festival.
There are many ways to support the fun and here are just a few:
- Sponsor the festival either through cash or gift-in-kind support.
- Become a vendor or event partner and showcase your business to the community.
- Encourage employees, neighbours, friends and family to purchase tickets and enjoy the festival events or attend a free event!
- Corporate ticket purchases can support your employees and their quality of life in Fort McMurray.
- Volunteer your time and talents to help ensure a great event for all to enjoy!
However you get involved, we just hope that you do and together we’ll create a wonderful community experience for the residents and visitors of Fort McMurray and surrounding areas!